Re: your mail

Jim,

For inks, I'd try the better stationery stores for permanent ink
(Schaffer used to make permanent black and permanent blue/black ink) or
talk to other calligraphers as to what they use. I did a presentation
book and worked with the calligrapher who was to do the entries in the
book and ink and its interaction (bleed/no bleed) with the paper was a
big issue, but she was very particular about the inks she liked.

As to the roaches and the paste.  I was taught years ago that a drop of
oil of cloves (available from drug stores -- used to be used to relieve
toothache) would make the paste unattractive to roaches.  Later someone
told me this idea was nonsense, but than the person who thought it
nonsense did not live in an area in which roaches where a big problem
like South Carolina and Louisiana.  Try it.  I don't gaurantee it but its
worth a try.

Jane Brown