about bookbinding

Hi !!
I  graduated university on this spring.
Now I' studing Physics for enter graduateschool,and binding books part time.
I interested in bookbinding used skin so well.
We binding academic journals at present.
But my company's pregident can binding books used skins,and have been to
Oxford Univ in U.K for learning that technics.
So he may be binding books used skins more and more.
I want to do so.
Because I want to lerning that.

then In Japan ,Bookbinding isn't have been popularised.

If you have time,please tell me your thought about bookbinding,conditions
around you and more.

Thank you.

Yoshio Namiki
y-namiki@jms.jeton.or.jp