Re: Bad luck?

I can't speak to the philosopical question, but had a similar run-in with
a publishing error last month.  The 1996 Video Movie Guide had a chunk of
the index with wide inner margins and the print trimmed away.  It was
obvious from the edge of the book, since that portion was black.  All
copies at the bookstore were similarly affected.  How could someone at
Ballantine Books have overlooked this?  A special order resulted in a
properly printed/bound copy.  There was no indication that this was
another printing.  Since this is a 600+ pages book, I wonder how many
copies/how much paper was lost in the faulty printing.

Cathy Atwood
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State