Re: Patterns/grains in leather

In regards to the acid method for "Tree Calf" design on old  leather covered
books...

Do you have any idea about the process for doing this , or any reference to
it?
We have a book in progress, and could  possibily use this old method.

I"m also looking for some reference books on fore edge painting. I know there
is one out there by Weber, but it is too costly. Our San Diego library has it
in their reference section, which doesn't help much either.

Thank you
Kathy Miller
Iron Bear Press