Re: Book cloth

Jeff,
 Back in my student days, we used to use a hide glue if the material
wouldn't take water or the weave was loose - by glueing the japanese
tissue first and letting it set a bit before laying down the cloth, we
could get good adhesion, no bleed through from the glue. I've gotten so
used to using paper backed cloths and PVA adheshives that I'm a little
nervous about using hide glue ( wheat paste no problem ). I suspect it's
going to take a bit of experimenting...doesn't seem as if there is a
commercial book cloth that will fit the bill!

Thanks again, Maureen