Re: Iron-on adhesive

I can verify the wonderful qualities of HeatnBond--started to use it
above other brands after taking a poll of sewers.

As other people have said, wheat starch paster also works.  I have had
success attaching even thin silk to Japanese paper.  Used resulting
laminates for binding and box covering, where the edges are covered.  The
one "binding" that had raw edges where the silk could ravel was
stabilized with a tiny bead of PVA--it worked fine but if I'm in that
situation again would like another solution.  Maybe return to the sewing
market and use one of their products for no-sew hems.

Cathy Atwood
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State