Winter/Spring classes

Registration is now underway for 1996 Winter & Spring classes at the Center
for  Book Arts

Classes & Workshops are available in all aspects of traditional &
contemporary hand bookmaking including bookbinding, letterpress printing
and hand papermaking.

Courses include: Bookbinding I & II, Book Restoration, Book Conservation,
Radical Bookworks, Boxes & Portfolios, Photograph Albums, Decorative Boxes,
Bookbinding for Artists, Pop-Up Structures, Collage, Make a Book! Start a
Press!, Bookbinding for Kids & Teens, Combining Structures, Alternative
Book Structures, Coptic Binding, Sculptural Books, Books in the Round,
Letterpress I, Art of the Book, Beginning and Advanced Woodcut Techniques,
Diecutting, Electronic Letterpress, Monoprint, Drypoint, Typography, Platen
Press Weekend Intensive, Drypoint, Image Printing on the Vandercook,
Papermaking in the Classroom or Kitchen, Paper Marbling, and Hand
Papermaking.

New courses for 1996 include:
Encaustic Paint Inlay
Collaboration and the Artists' Book
Style & Form: Opening a Personal Page
The Pocket Book
More Decorative Boxes
The Slipcase
Book Constructions
Finding Your Fold: Concertinas
Islamic Bindings
Collagraphs
The Artist's Sketchbook
The Poster Book
Image, Text & Material

A schedule of programs will be posted to the list soon, but if you can't
wait, please call 212 460-9768 and ask for your free copy or e-mail the
Center with your MAILING address.

Thanks!

Nina Schneider
Program Director