[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: marbled wraps

I would suggest to Mr. Walker that he look for good quality cover weight
acid-free papers to use as wrappers for his 18C magazines.  One can, of
course, buy good marbled papers through the major vendors of bookbinding
supplies, but if they are real marbled papers, not printed ones, the
surface will be subject to wear from the friction of rubbing against other
issues (if housed with them) or other items on either side in sliding on and
off the shelf.  A heavy textured paper can be attractive in its own right and
may be more durable for this particular usage.  Many quarter and three-
quarter bindings of the 18C used marbled papers on the covers, of course, and
the wear they show varies from little to extensive, so I offer the suggestion
as something to consider.
Dorothy Africa

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]