Re: Iron-on adhesive

>  Maybe return to the sewing market and use one of their products for
no-sew hems.

>Cathy Atwood
>Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State

To Cathy and others concerned with this question of bonding fabric:

I have tried the liquids for "no fray edges" on fabrics. The liquid is clear
and dries clear, leaving a hard, visible  ridge. On heavier fabrics, I have
had the edge ravel anyway.

I have found these liquids unsatisfactory for bookwork, and continue to back
cloth with paste and Japanese paper.

I would love to hear if anyone else has tried these fabric edging liquids.

Thanks!
        Annie
Annie Tremmel Wilcox
annie-wilcox@uiowa.edu