Re: Book sizes

To Michael D., good observations, but according to Cockerell the only
manner in which to achieve 12mo. (duodecimo) is to fold octavo and to
"tip-in" or guard the four remaining leaves to the octavo signature.
I like the reference you used though, do you know if it is still
available or if it is a book to be found in a used bookshop?  I'll
try BIP to see if it stills prints, but will also place a search for
it on the web.
I appreciate your comments and I hope I haven't offended your sensibilities
and know that in no way have you offended mine.
Cheers!
Rommel John Miller