CAOUTCHOUC BINDINGS

I am very new to the list but I am looking forward to be part of
it and to learn from you all and also to share with you what we
discover and experience at the southern tip of Africa.
I would so much like to have information about the history of
caoutchouc bindings, the original patent that was taken out as well as
their manufacture .Literature references will be very welcome as well
as any other information on these bindings.   Many thanks. JM.