Book Artists in China (fwd)

Anyone want to help out here?

Peter

>Date: Sat, 09 Dec 1995 12:35:35 -0800
>From: Weanddem@aol.com
>To: pdverhey@dreamscape.com
>Subject: (no subject)
>
>Thanks for putting up such a great web page. I am surfing at ISDN speed
>at a friend's house as my antique Powerbook makes me some kind of Amish
>on the infobahn. The real return address should read: Weanddem@aol.com
>
>I love finding book-arts enthusiasts out here in cyberspace. I have
>pursued the art as a hobby since college, where I started
>with letterpress printing. I was intrigued by your resume. Were your
>classes at the Swiss institute for book restoration in German? Were you
>involved with Artists Book Works in Chicago? I lived there before I
>moved out here to Portland, OR. I did some coupla years of binding and
>printing at their old studio on Irving Park.
>
>Anyhoo, the real point of my writing is to inquire as to where you might
>know, by chance, of any book artists working in China. Hey, I know it's
>a long shot but maybe you even have an idea of another person I might
>contact? Or a web resource? I recently won a grant to study bookbinding
>for sic months in China starting April next year. The study has to be
>informal, so I ideally would liek to set up some unpaid apprenticeships
>with the masters. They get free labor; I get the chance to feed a
>building curiosity and enthusiasm!
>
>Any help you might be able to offer would be appreciated. Remember,
>it's: Weanddem@aol.com
>
>Thanks! You do beautiful work! Best, Margaret

Peter D. Verheyen                                 <wk> 315.443.9937
Conservation Librarian                           <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library        <email> pdverhey@mailbox.syr.edu
Syracuse University             <www> http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/
Syracuse, NY 13244           <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu