Re: Jack Sinclairs post re: MFA vs ...

concept of a year or two apprenticeship is an excellent one, I think, but
then there are those like me who can't afford such luxury.  I have never
figured out how I could finance such an education.  However, I completely
agree with the idea that one does not learn bookbinding in a two week
workshop.  I have been learning piece-meal since 1981 and I don't
consider myself knowledgeable about all aspects.  I'm not convinced that
the old English 7 year apprenticship is not the best system.  All of
those that I have crossed paths with who have been through that training
really know their field.

Jane Brown