Re: Book Arts in Tuscaloosa

>But Charles, don't you see what a waste of time, and how boring, all
>this defensive bristling is about such a phrase in what was basically
>an information-sharing message? It's precisely the reason I think of
>dropping this list about 3 times a day.
>Regards, John Charles

Yes, you are right, and I apologize. Sometimes I do bristle. And thanks to
John Marc Green for his most humble last post. I tried very hard while exec.
director at Minn. Center for Book Arts to find ways of making the quite
diverse points of view in the book arts inform and respect each other, and
it is always difficult to me when they do not. But I also may have seen such
disrespect when it was not actually present, and I really don't mean to add
any venom. Thanks, John Charles. Also, my experience at Alabama-Tuscaloosa a
couple of years ago (talking with the book arts students there in a class
and giving a poetry reading at the university) makes me have quite a lot of
respect for the place, and I know there are many diverse opinions among the
artists there -- as it should be.

all best,

charles

Charles Alexander