Re: Virtual Mentoring/Distance Ed...

>First, I tried to connect to the Moo this morning (for me) and I couldn't
>get passed the part where it asks me what gender I want to be. I should
>also say that I connected through the Virtual Library Main Lobby because I
>couldn't connect to Peter's instructions (or his page for that matter.) Did
>anyone else have this problem, or was it just me?

I want to apologize for any inconvenience incurred by those who could not
connect to our webpage. Syracuse decided to shut it down for an upgrade,
system wide, which meant that I also could not send something out via the
list. Sorry. The server was back up at about 2pm.

To your second problem, when you connect as a guest you don't have to
specify your gender. You do have to if you want to become a regular
character. The command for doing it would be "@gender male (or female)" That
is all there is to it. for those interested in joining us for these chats, I
really encourage you to try to get in a few times before the actual sessions
because it will be much easier for you. You can practice interacting with
whoever is there, always friendly. It will make it a snap when we have our
talks. I tend to check in once or twice a day, usually during lunch, 12ish
to 1ish EST in case anyone...

Peter

Peter D. Verheyen                                 <wk> 315.443.9937
Conservation Librarian                           <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library        <email> pdverhey@mailbox.syr.edu
Syracuse University             <www> http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/
Syracuse, NY 13244           <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu