Re: Beginner's Binding References

My best recommendation would be Books, Boxes and Portfolios by Franz Zeier.
It is very well and written with clear diagrams. It assumes little of no
equipment, and is structurally sound. It deals primarily with your basic
German "Bradel" case binding but also has sections on other binding structures.

If you want to put a comprehensive bibliography of manuals together, I'd be
happy to put it up on the web for all.

Peter

>I'd be grateful for recommendations for books on binding suitable for
>beginners.  I've been through the CoOl database, but didn't find anything.
>If appropriate, I'll collate the answers to they can be put online
>somewhere.

Peter D. Verheyen                                 <wk> 315.443.9937
Conservation Librarian                           <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library        <email> pdverhey@mailbox.syr.edu
Syracuse University             <www> http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/
Syracuse, NY 13244           <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu