Re: Do you have any nylon stockings?

There might be some around.

You see, in the 50's nylon stockings were not quite perfected and women
still preferred to wear silk stockings, and it took a few years for women to
be won over, and what eventually won them over was the last divergence the
nylons suffered in the comparison with silk stockings. You couldn't wear
them out.
They lasted and lasted, an imperfection that the manufacturers seemed to
have overcome little by little so that today if a woman wears her nylons
more than once she feels as though she has committed a crime.

Jerry Blaz

At 11:00 AM 1/5/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Ed,
>You've got to be kidding.  I am probably the greatest pack-rat on the
>list and I don't have any stockings from the 50's.  Please give us some
>more explanation.  Do they want non-panty hose?  or what are the
>specifics of need?  Do they really need stockings that were made in the
>1950's if they are still around?
>
>Jane Brown
>
>On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Ed Hutchins wrote:
>
>> Lois Morrison is working with Esther K Smith and students at Cooper Union on
>> a book project and they are looking for nylon stockings from the 50's.  The
>> size of the edition will be determined by how many stockings they can locate.
>>  If you have any suggestions, please contact me directly and I'll pass the
>> information on to Lois.
>>
>> Lois' name has come up on this list before because of her many artist books,
>> including "St Ostrich in Manhattan" (Flying Fish Press).  Esther K Smith is
>> co-proprietor of Purgatory Pie Press.  Please help if you can.
>>
>> Ed (Hutchins)

        Jerry Blaz/The BOOKie Joint
        7246 Reseda Blvd.
        Reseda, CA 91335
        (818)345-2983/(818)343-1055
        ffdog@earthlink.net
                Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
                Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.
                                G. Marx