Re: Query: 19th century albums

This type of information was described in an article by Richard Horton in
the Spring 1994, vol XXII, no 1 issue of the Guild of Book Workers Journal
which just recently came out. Yes, I know we're behind. Don't rub it in. We
are catching up though. Copies can be ordered through the Bookbinder's
Warehouse (KarenC5071@aol.com) for $5.00 ea. I also believe that Yale
receives it, so you might want to check that out as well.

That same issue also contains a long article on the history and construction
of endsheets by Linda Blaser, a conservator at the Folger Shakespeare Library.

Peter

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu