Subject: Re: Petherbridge Book?

>To: List
>From: "Robert J. Milevski" <milevski@Princeton.EDU>
>Subject: Re: Petherbridge Book?
>
>I have not heard of this book but my guess is that it is in the same
>limbo as was the earlier book he edited, a festschirft for Roger
>Powell.  The gestation period for the Powell book has moved from
>being a tribute to a great binder to being a memorial and remembrance
>of him.  I have been told that GP is no longer in charge of it, the
>Powell book, although I do not recall that my source said when it
>would be published.  But I have been looking forward to the Powell
>book for what seems like ten years.  It would not surprise me to hear
>again about this other enterprise of GPs in 2005, with someone asking
>the same question Karen asked.
>
>Robert Milevski
>Princeton University Libraries
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>
>Date:         Fri, 5 Jan 1996 17:20:48 -0500
>Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting"
>
>              <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>From: Karen Crisalli <KarenC5071@AOL.COM>
>Subject:      Petherbridge Book?
>To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L
>              <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>
>Can anyone advise about the availability of "The Compleat Binder.
>Studies in Book Making and Conservation. A Hither to Unrecorded English
>Romanesque Book Sewing Technique" edited by Geoffrey Petherbridge. This was
once mentioned as tentatively being ready in 1994 but I have found no record
of it being issued to date. Thanks, Karen Crisalli/The Bookbinder's Warehouse

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu