ridding books of fish odor

The remedies for removing fish odor have been wonderful to read.
Here is another one that works on "fishy" dogs.  We live on a creek, have two
dogs who passionately rub their bodies on dead fish making said dogs very
un-popular.  I found that rubbing their coats with Sage leaves (Salvia
officinalis) worked great, either it absorbed the odor or masked it with a
more pleasant one, who knows?  End result positive.  Maybe you could inclose
book and tape in a paper bag with the leaves??  Good luck.  The frost got my
S. officinalis this year but I have plenty of purple sage I can send you to
try out.
Kathy Crump
Paprmkr@aol.com