Re: Seminar Ideas

Jon,
my brief chronology

Book_Arts-L pops up, July 1994, archives stored at CoOL(Conservation Online)
which serves as the lists homepage. Before it went web we were oin the
gopher there with the addition in July '95 of my homepage which doubles as
the list homepage as well with links etc and other resources.
Richard Minsky has his web page up late 94-95
Guild of Book Workers puts its first homepage up in April of '95 though the
Newsletter was up earlier (October '94)
Steve Miller puts the University of Ala. on the net web and the University
of Idaho hits the web as well, with Iowa hitting the web this year as well.
A large number of "personal" bookarts pages have hit the web since this Summer.

There was never much discussion about book arts issue on newsgroups which I
followed until starting Book_Arts-L. Membership is currently at 610+.

On Aol there is a pretty active book/paper arts community, Karen Crisalli
has been leading successful chats there and I have been trying to get some
of the ground for the rest of the net as well.

I personally would love to see someone put together a chronology of the
bookarts on the net and post the document here. You might also want to
browse the archives and see what pages were announced and when. It's growing
very fast.

Peter

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu