Re: Ink Jet Inks

The issue of the ink running becomes very real in high humidity environments.
Who knows when the air conditioning system fails in the midst of summer heat
and your books are stored in the sixth and top floor of your library. Ink jet
ink (water soluable by design) may well pick up enough moisture to liquify
and transfer to the page opposite.
I don't think I would put my trust in a material so delicate. Lithographic
inks differ primarily in their tack and driers from letterpress inks. Both
have proven themselves to be both durable and stable. Although these
traditional processes keep the means of production out of the hands of the
artist ( in most cases) It seems prudent to depend on them for any works for
which longevity is an issue.

John G. Henry - Cedar Creek Press