resource

dear beloved book arts people:

Can anyone recommend relatively up to date books and/or online sources for
basic information on the history of type design. Not necessarily any
in-depth analyses, but simply who designed what type face when and where?
But any brief or in-depth analyses are also welcome.  I'm finding such
information not as readily available as I thought it would be in references
I have. If it would include the oldest and the youngest types, including
those invented yesterday for the digital age, all the better. But I'll
settle for the best available.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

charles alexander