Subscriber information

Why am I sending this out again? Well, for starters we've had a slew of new
subscribers and actually topped the 600 mark. I've also had a number of
requests for this information from netvets and decided it would be a good
idea, so...

Today at noon (EST), 5:00pm GMT, we can all meet to chat about book arts
stuff on the MOO. Telnet to: moo.du.org 8888, logon on, and then type: @go
artofthebook. Complete instructions are available in the "book arts links"
section of our homepage.

For those interested, the Book_Arts-L archives are located on the web at
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu. This is the home of CoOL (Conservation
Online). We are located under "mailing lists" about halfway down Walter's
list of offerings. Here you will find these instructions on permanent
display, the list archives as well as 2 links to my homepage which has links
(constantly updated) to other bookish sites and the list of subscribers.
There is also a gallery space, to which images of bindings by Scott Kellar
and links to other members personal gallery pages have been added as well as
some other treats such as exhibits at the Smithsonian of artists books,
Aldus at Brigham Young, and more. New links are constantly being added to
the Links section as well. Recent additions are a POP-UP page as well as
papermaking tutorial. Check them out if you can. To directly get to my
page point your browser at http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/. We have also had 2
"internet chats" thus far and plan to have more. Instructions for logon are
can be found in the Links section.

Enjoy,
Peter

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen who founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over 575
subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to  listserv@listserv.syr.edu. The message should read:

                     subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:
                    set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:
                    unsub Book_Arts-L