query

I am curious.  I am a bookbinder, working in a large institutional library.
There is a conserted effort by the library to style me a "conservation
technician", a term I find extremely distasteful.  I am a bookbinder,
trained as one, and find it an honorable calling with a long and interesting
history.  Am I the only one who objects to this 'conservation technician'
label which is suddenly all the rage out there?
Dorothy A.