Stereo cards curling

I know there are some conservators on this list, so I'll risk a question
about ephemera.  There doesn't seem to be a safe way for the layman
to uncurl stereo cards.  But, if you get some that are flat to begin with,
how do you store them so they won't curl?  In the current instance, I
won't be able to get any information about how they've been stored,
so I can't apply that.  Keeping them under a heavy book or the like
isn't workable for me.