Re: books in sheets

My class would also be very interested in the scheme detailed below.
It would probably encourage them to try and buy more in future!

They would of course have to pass a quality test set by us before they could
apply, otherwise you may get back something you hadn't bargained
for!!!

>Martyn said....

> I'd like to second Charles Alexander's proposal. I normally keep 10%
> of my editions in sheets for sale to binders, but a further few
> percent would be possible on the sort of deal he proposes.
>
> Charles said [snip]
> "I wonder if some publishers would consider, at printing, leaving a certain
> "number of books unbound and giving students these sheets at no charge. I
> "think that for books Chax publishes (which include letterpress/fine press
> "and offset-printed poetry books) I would consider doing this if, for
> "example, each student received two sets of blank pages, and one of the two
> "finished bound books by each student was returned to me. If a class then had
> "10 students, Chax would end up with 10 rather special copies of this
> "particular book. [snip]
>
> Has anyone thought of any kinks that would need to be sorted out?
> Anyone got a firm proposal?

Owen Bradford

Deputy Bindery Manager
The Robinson Library