Equipment, Prices and Publishers

I am new to this Mailing List so please forgive me if any of these
questions have already been asked and answered.   I am sure that most, if
not all, of them have been asked millions of times - probably by every
new subscriber to this Mailing List like I am doing now, but it is
something that I need help with right away, and I hope that you can help
me too.

What I am looking for is anything, and everything, about the publishing
industry.  I have found out a little bit through telnet, gopher, www and
ftp, but not that much, and not that helpful so far.  The main thing that
I am looking for is the names of equipment?  What is it that they exactly
do, and how much they cost?  I really need to know about cost, but so far
I haven't been able to find out anything on equipment and supply prices.
Is there anywhere on the interent that I can telnet, gopher, www or ftp
to to get the information that I am looking for.

I know that this might sound juvenile and stupid but the reason why I am
looking for this information is because I am trying to get a publishing
company started, but I don't know exactly how I should proceed in
starting it.  I figure there are two ways that I might do it.  One is to
send out my manuscripts to Book Printers - at least for the first few
books until I can get up enough capital to get the equipment I need -- if
I ever do choose that route.  The second way is to get the equipment and
manpower that I need to start my Publishing company, but that is going to
cost a lot more, and I don't know how much yet because I don't know how
much everything is going to cost yet.

There are also several other questions that I would like answers too, if
it's not too personal or out of line with this Mailing List, besides
equipment and prices.

1.  Are there any Publishing Equipment and Supply companies on the
    internet, or associated with the internet, that I can telnet, gopher,
    www or ftp to?

2.  Are there any Publishing Equipment and Supply companies on this
    Mailing List?  If so could you please tell who you are and how I
    might be able to get in touch with you.

3.  When it comes to equipment I am looking mostly for computer aided
    equipment.  Is there any equipment that I can use my computer with out
    there?  If so could you please tell me what it is and exactly what it
    does and how much it would cost me.

4.  The reason why I need all this information, besides starting my
    publishing business, is to work up a good Business Plan, and I was
    wondering if there were any Business Plan that I can get via the
    internet that deal with the publishing industry that I can study for
    my own Business Plan - especially when it comes to break even analysises.

5.  When it comes to Book Printers.  Are there any Book Printers on the
    internet that I can use telnet, gopher, www or ftp to get too?  If so I
    would greately appreciate it if you could tell me everything you can
    about them:  like where they are and how I can get in touch with them.
    There quotes would also be helpful too.

6.  Are there any Book Printers on this Mailing List.  If so could you
    please tell me who you are and what kind of book printing that you do -
    with quotes if possible.

7.  Are there any publishers on the internet and/or on this Mailing
    List?  If there are could you please tell me who you are and how I might
    get in touch with you.  As you have probably already figured out by
    now I can use telnet, gopher, www and ftp to get to where I need to go
    or get the information that I need.

I know that this message is very long, and I am very sorry about that -
especially if it doesn't belong on this Mailing List, but like I said at
the beginning I am looking for all the infomation, and contacts, that I
can get.  If this message was a mistake please tell me so, and I will not
send another one.  I hope that you can help me, and I want to thank you
in advance for any help that you can give me.

Donald A. Johnson
johnson1@netcom.com

SpaceDeath (in Space itself there is only one thing that you can look
           forward to - Death)