Re: BANISTER

On Feb 17, 1996 12:12:31, 'Rommel John Miller wrote:

>may I humbly recommend the following book:
>
>BANISTER, Manly.  _The Craft of Bookbinding_

A caveat: Perhaps the instructions he gives for press building are ok, but
would you trust a book that recommends Elmer's glue-all for your book's
spine? (It came in dead last in the archive test, as I recall, and turned
the paper sample brown and it cracked after one day in the aging oven,
compared to Jade 403 which was clear and flexible after 16 days).

I hope the press you make from the instructions lasts longer than the book
you would bind with that recommendation.

--
Richard Minsky
http://www.avsi.com/minsky/