Adhesive for paper to wood

Message:
My advice would be not to adhere any artwork to wood if you consider
the artwork valuable enough to warrant permanent preservation. The
contact between the wood and the paper will (over time) seriously
damage the paper - both from acidic migration and tension caused by
the paper and wood reacting differently to changes in humidity.
I suggest you just mat and mount the items using tissue hinges and
acid free board.
.
Jonathan London
National Archives of New Zealand