Printer's signing books

As a printer I don't sign my books. This has nothing to do with ego! It has
to do with the work and my personal attitude and approach to my work. My
colophons always state that I designed, printed and bound the books, but only
the author and artist sign the book. If I wrote the text or produced the
images used in the book then I would sign the book. I am acting as publisher
and production department, not artist.