[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Swedish binding stitch
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Swedish binding stitch
- From: Kathy Crump <PAPRMKR@AOL.COM>
- Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 20:19:52 -0500
- Message-Id: <199603090121.UAA05389@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Does anyone have any names of bookbinders in Sweden ad Denmark? I have heard
about a special style of sewing simply called "the Swedish stitch". I
suspect it may be a variation of coptic (linked stitch) binding. The book is
supposed to open out flat. Anyone know where I can get any information about
this elusive type of binding?
I am going to the IAPMA conference in Denmark in August and then on to Sweden
to visit other papermakers.
Thanks in advance. Kathy Crump