Jeweled Binding & Art and Antiques

The message was originally sent to Donald Pollock but I decided to copy the
list. The original piece first appeared on page 29 of the February issue of
Art and Antiques, with my letter being published in the "letters" column in
the March issue. It wasn't really an article, more an announcement of the
California International Book Fair, which highlighted one of the pieces.

Peter

>Re the message to "Don" that got posted to Book_Arts-L, please excuse me
>for commenting after reading someone else's mail, but your mentioning an
>article in _Art and Antiques_ and a subsequent exchange about jeweled
>bindings drew my attention because I am interested in the history of
>jeweled bindings.  Can you tell me when the original article was
>published in _A&A_?

Peter D. Verheyen                                 <wk> 315.443.9937
Conservation Librarian                           <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library        <email> pdverhey@mailbox.syr.edu
Syracuse University             <www> http://web.syr.edu/~pdverhey/
Syracuse, NY 13244           <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu