lying presses

I have just received bad news about a lying press that I ordered a year
ago.  It is no longer available.  I am again trying to find sources and
prices.  After much frustration, I have located only Gaylord catalogs that
have anything like the presses we can use.  The Italian import is way out
of our reach financially and physically (no room for it).

Currently we are using small hand-operated presses.  I would like to
have a larger press but must order it in the next month or so.  Sources of
presses (and approx. prices, if available) will be greatly appreciated.
Of course, your good/bad experiences will be appreciated as well.

Please reply off list.

Thank you in advance,

Keep in mind that we are a public university, price and space are
considerations.

Claudia Stall
Head, Collection Preservation Unit/Mendery
San Diego State University Library
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA  92182-8050

Be kind, do good work, and touch the earth gently.

cstall@mail.sdsu.edu
(619) 594-2591