[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Leather cleaning - urine
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Leather cleaning - urine
- From: "Nicholas G. Yeager" <artifex@PIPELINE.COM>
- Date: Tue, 12 Mar 1996 12:55:47 -0500
- Message-Id: <199603121757.MAA17655@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Have any of you had experience cleaning vegetable tanned leather stained by
A newly bound book was left on a table and little Max (the dog) decided to
give his owner's book a new finish. I've been asked to take away Max's
contribution and return the book to it's previous visual state. The leather
is an unwaxed, uncoated brown colored cow skin of Argentine manufacture.
Adhesive used to attach it to the boards is Elvace PVA.