Re: bookbinding classes/workshops in CT?

Tara D. Kennedy wrote:

>         Hello all--
>
> I am desperately searching for some sort of classes and/or workshops on
> bookbinding/book repair in my area, but am coming up short! The closest
> places to CT that I can find are in Boston and NYC, but I can't make the
> time to commute at the moment. Does anyone know of anything that's going on
> in Connecticut remotely related to this? Any information would be *greatly*
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Tara

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
<><><>

>              "A room without books is a body without a soul"
>
> -Cicero
>
> Tara D. Kennedy
> Acquisitions Assistant
> Trinity College
> tkennedy@mail.cc.trincoll.edu

Tara,

The best I know of, and I am biased because I am a student there, is
the "Creative Arts Workshop" located in New Haven, CT.
(203- 562-4927). They offer beginning, intermediate and advanced
classes, year round, alternating course lengths of one 12 week then
one 6 week class. The head of the book Arts section is Gisila Noak,
who is head of conservation at Yale. Classes are 3 hours in length
and on Fridays from 12 untill 9pm the bindery is open to all
students to work on their own. Classes cost aprox. $280 for 12 weeks
and $140 for 6 weeks for non members. Members recieve a discount and
first preference for open positions. There are also workshops
related to the Book Arts offered at different times throughout the
year. I hope this helps.

Terry Rowley