Re: Adhesive for bookplates

Mr. MacLaren,
might I suggest wheatpaste? I use a formulation of 60gr/400ml H2O. WOrks
very well. You could also use a combination of PVA and Methylcellulose. Here
at SU's Bird Library we simply attach them with a narrow bead of adhesive
along the top edge. I would personally use the paste if for no other reason
that it cleans easily should you put too much on, without staining. You
might also want to slip in a sheet of wax paper to prevent any transfer and
sticking to the flyleaf.

Peter

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu