Re: Tyvek

Actually,
Tyvek should be just great. It is a spun-bound polyester material, and is
used and sold in archival supply catalogs. Uses include, envelopes, sleeves,
hinging tape...
Robert Espinosa, or maybe it was Futernick uses it as an inner joint hinge
to replace the traditional vellum when "reconstructing" medival style
bindings. Pam Barrios, might know more since she is on the list.

But hey, if anyone has any info to the contrary, let the rest of us know.

Peter

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu