Re: Tyvek

On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Dorothy Africa wrote:

>  I am a bit wistful watching all these neat tyvek things flash by.  As I
> recall it was a conservation no-no material since the chemical content
> was still under observation (longevity, off-gasing, etc.)  At least the

Hi Dorothy:
When I was doing my lab work for my conservation programme (3yr prog.
finished last spring), we were using tyvek _in the lab_ for various
applications.  Try looking into the newly published specs, cuz it looks like
they finished assessing its use for us conservators, too!! (Yay, us! :)  )

Norah--
"Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to
find and not to yield."