Tyvek

I'm not a conservator myself, but nobody's answered the question
'what's so big about Tyvek?'  From a conservation point of view,
the answer is, it's MONSTROUS STRONG!  Tyvek is to "paper" applications
what Kevlar is to rope and string uses.  Get an ordinary sheet of
Tyvek, without any notches or nicks in the edges, and ask a
weightlifter to tear it in two.  They will find it surprisingly
difficult to get it started.

With respect to art, it is interesting because of its texture,
all these tiny fibers swirling around in all directions.

By the way, its use on houses is not for insulation, but as a
moisture barrier.  And for safety in such applications, I'd be
a lot more worried about particle board than Tyvek.