Re: book press

>I am also looking for a bookpress...Please, if anyone knows of one for
>sale, let me know - I'm in Massachusetts.
>Susan
>terrain@vineyard.net

I know that book presses are sold as artifacts at high prices, but I've
never paid more than $50.00 for one and have picked them up for as little
as $15.00 (that one was at an antique auto swap meet).

One was being used as a door stop in a modern commercial bindery (they
traded for some other stuff) and my standing press was being used as a
coffee cup stand when I picked it up for $75.00.

They are still out there. Trust me on this....

Jack

                             Jack C. Thompson
                    Thompson Conservation Laboratory
                   The Caber Press * Istor Productions
                             7549 N. Fenwick
                           Portland, OR  97217
                        503/735-3942 (voice/fax)
                    jct@Reed.edu * tcl@teleport.com
                http://www.teleport.com/~tcl/index.html

              "Is a half-wit herbalist only parseley sage?"
                                        Don Guyot, 1996