Re: just curious

Jennifer,
that is my title here at Syracuse University. Basically all it is, is a book
conservator position in a library environment with some of the privileges
(duties) of librarianship attached to it such as serving on committees.

What do I do. Well right now I'm supervising serveral students and working
with them on rebinding (full cloth) and boxing materials from our Special
Collections here in the brand new lab I set up this past Fall. I also work
on some of the more valuable materials from the collection (I have a
Nuremberg Chronicle on my bench) as well as working with classes from the
Art Departments on book projects. I also maintain the Preservation
Departments webpages and work on outreach things.

Hope that helps.

Syracuse University Library               <email>pdverhey@dreamscape.com
Syracuse, NY 13244                <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@listserv.syr.edu