Re: Sale on two bookbinding titles

On Wed, 5 Jun 1996, Chris Herz wrote:

> The following two books are offered in E.R. Hamilton's Sale catalog:
> Bookbinding: a manual of techniques, by Pamela Richmond. $20.96
> Bookbinding and the care of books, by Douglas Cockerell. $11.86
>
> Does anyone own these and /or recommend them? I am an intermediate level
> bookbinder and looking for books with new techniques . Thanks for replies!
> Chris Herz
> Amadio@hslc.org

Chris -

anything about Richmond's book.  Two other titles that you might find
interesting if you can find them are:

        A History of English Craft Bookbinding Technique, B. Middleton and
        Bookbinding by Hand, Lawrence Town.

They will be hard to find.  I was able to get them through Interlibrary Loan,
but for a limited check out time.  Hope this helps.

A question:  Where in the E.R. Hamilton's catalog did you see Cockerell's
book?  I've been aiming to purchase it but never have and the price is good,
but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Terrence

Terrence Collins                        email: collins@sisters.salem.edu
Library Associate-Periodicals           phone: 910-917-5423
Gramley Library, Salem College          f a x: 910-917-5339
Winston-Salem, NC  27108                Tell the truth and run.