OIL OF EGG

Dear Grant,
I found this receipt in Mackenzies 5000. Don't know if it's exactly
what yr after.
To prepare oil from yolks of eggs.
method #2.  Dilute the raw yolks with a large proportion of water, and
add spirit of wine to separate the albumen, then the oil will rise on
the top after standing some time, and thus may be separated by a
funnel.

I have read old eggs yield the greatest quantity.
Perhaps the spirit of wine is the same as ether + acetone.
May I ask, what are you going to use this for/on/with...
Regards
Charlene Matthews