[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
"OIL OF DOG"
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: "OIL OF DOG"
- From: Tom Trusky <RENTRUSK@IDBSU.IDBSU.EDU>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 12:23:31 MST
- Message-Id: <199606241901.PAA03532@listserv.syr.edu>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I have restrained myself from sharing crucial
biblio-literario info until the Oil of Egg
people had had their peckish ways with us. Now,
unmuzzled, I draw to your attention to the truly
baffling. Fact A: enterprising Stephen Blumberg
(see "The Book Thief A True Tale of Biblio-
mania," Philip Weiss, Harper's Magazine, January
1994) kept his expropriated volumes in his home in
Ottumwa, Iowa. FACT B: this is the same city which
is the setting for "Oil of Dog," a modest tale by
Ambrose Bierce about another enterprising Iowan.
Learned list members, I ask you, is this merely