No Subject

to find out if it is original bindings-especialy 18 century and back-look at
the paper that is pasted on the back side of the cover if it is
different-not laid paper-or doesn't look exactly like the pages-it would be
rebound-look for 2 different color leathers around spine where it has been
rebacked-repaired-

>Greetings!  I am fairly new to the book collecting game so I have a couple
>of rather basic questions.  First, many times I see in various catalogues
>"A few copies printed on large paper."  What exactly is "large paper?"  Is it
>simply a few copies printed larger than the rest of the printing?  Secondly,
>how does on tell if the binding on an older book is the original, or if it has
>been repaired or replaced?  I have seen several copies of the same book in
>different bindings, so obviously, some of them had to have been rebound.
>
>Thanks much,
>Andrew Richmond
>Kenyon College
>richmonda@kenyon.edu

                                            Brought to you by WWWebMasters
(204.214.98.131) and
                                              SOFIE at the GEARS Project's
OASIS (204.214.98.130)

                 We build Internet access points of presence in rural areas
for communities, investors,
                 non-profit organizations, and members general public welfare.

                                                                    Local
Access.... Global Reach!