Re: new to bookbinding

call 1 800 869 1534  for craft bookbinding co. for a catalog free-- also
small print shops charge money for books to be bound--where i might get some
linotype-so there is a market there if your starting and wanted to get some
money for your work and effort--rebacking with leather is good money if you
get it perfected-i haven't-
i was quoted 150. dollars to have a 17 cent. book done

>Hello! I'm new to the world of bookbinding. I'm from a small town in
>south Georgia and I'd like to hear from anyone else in Georgia (or
>anywhere else) that shares an interest in binding books by hand. I am
>currently reading books on the subject and teaching myself the art. I am
>learning everything the hard way. I gave away a book recently that I made
>for a friend. Everyone loved it and expressed the desire to purchase one.
>I would love to produce books for them but I have no idea about prices
>for quality bookbinding supplies. So far I have been picking up paper and
>cloth from department stores in my area. I'm sure the materials that I
>have used are not acid-free. I know next to nothing about what I'm doing
>except that I love putting books together and everyone loves my work. I
>would appreciate any info, advice, or encouragement I can get.

                                            Brought to you by WWWebMasters
(204.214.98.131) and
                                              SOFIE at the GEARS Project's
OASIS (204.214.98.130)

                 We build Internet access points of presence in rural areas
for communities, investors,
                 non-profit organizations, and members general public welfare.

                                                                    Local
Access.... Global Reach!