[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: methyl celluose
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Re: methyl celluose
- From: Emily Martin <emartin@AVALON.NET>
- Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 12:21:04 -0600
- Message-Id: <199608111718.KAA19765@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Using the conversion rate I deduce from the prices on a paperback, the
prices you quote seem high. The price in the Daniel Smith catalog (1 800
426-6740 US & Canada) is $9.20 American or about $10.40 Canadian for 1 lb.
If you buy 5 lbs or more the price drops to $8.27 a lb. There is of course
shipping and handling added on. I have used their methyl cellulose for a
long time,it blends well and has a long shelf life after being mixed. Good
luck- Emily Martin
>I've been looking at pricing for Methyl Celluose and it seems expensive.
>Can anyone give me a perspective as whether the following price is
>competitive and if not, recommendations of who to buy it from in Canada.
>Please note - all prices are in Canadian Dollars
>250 g or 8.8 oz = $9.75
>500 g or 1.1 lbs = $17.50
>1 kg or 2.2 lbs. = $28.00
>2 kg or 4.4 lbs. = $50.00
>Thanks a lot.
>Papermaker and Artist