Re: printmaker's stamps

Dear Mary Ellen-
I've had success by sending the design to a photo engraver and having
them make a 1/4" magnesium stamping die. You can then mount that on your
press and print it blind with some extra pressure. The only caveat is
that magnesium oxidizes VERY quickly, so when it's not in use, the die
should be coated with a silicon spray and stored in a plastic bag. I paid
$30 for a 2"x2" plate from Esquire Photo Engravers, 4 West 22 St., NY
10010, 212-929-4527. Worcester may be a big enough town that there will
be a photo engraver locally. Look in the yellow pages or ask a
letterpress printer.
-Jack