[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Short articles about bookbinding
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
- Subject: Short articles about bookbinding
- From: OWEN BRADFORD <Owen.Bradford@newcastle.ac.uk>
- Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 14:54:24 GMT0
- Message-Id: <199608211355.GAA04395@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: Newcastle University Library
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I am at present collecting any old and curious passages printed about
bookbinding. I hope to use them to produce a keepsake for the
upcoming conference in Durham, England.
I was inspired to do this after finding a speech delivered by the
chairman of the Newcastle Book-binder's Society at their first
anniversary held June 28 1822. I'm not going to type it all out but
it was highly amusing.
Can anyone help?
Deputy Bindery Manager
The Robinson Library
Newcastle Upon Tyne